“The U.S. government may be degrading GPS satellite signals, to cripple Iraqi forces’ ability to use those systems during the war. This could potentially reduce accuracy from ~3 meters to over ~100 meters. Users depending on GPS systems may want to do sanity checks on any data returned by those systems during the war. The U.S. will do this by increasing the inaccuracies on the civilian C/A code, turning back on S/A (Selective Availability), by having the satellites deliberately and randomly return inaccurate information on where they are. S/A degrades GPS accuracy to only 100 meters 95 percent of the time and 300 meters the other 5 percent of the time. This will not effect the military P code.” [Slashdot]
You are here: / / Reduced GPS accuracy
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Folks, I'm sorry, but the comment spammers send about a million more comments than real readers do and I can't stand the spam. I've disabled comments again. Feel free to respond to @miraz on Twitter or to email me through the contact form on the site.