In this week where I try to write three new courses simultaneously before I teach them next week (Intro to iMovie, CSS Level 2, Accessible Websites) I exchange emails with a client about why she can’t open certain jpgs.
Finally she describes the error message and I realise she’s somehow trying to open an alias. I send a quick email suggesting she search for the actual file. This is her response:
You are, without doubt, a wizard in human form. Everything worked. How I had made each image into an alias I don’t quite know. Merely from dragging them across onto the desktop. Anyway, it worked and they are now safely stored in my image files. THANKSALOT. J
Makes it all worthwhile.