There are only 4 weeks left until the inaugural eXpo Conference in Auckland.
- Friendly Mac users in Auckland have offered to put people up in their homes if accommodation is an issue
- The list of prizes to give away on the day is getting bigger and there are a few surprises in store on the day
- One of ten, one year subscriptions to Macguide magazine
- An eMac
- 100 blank CDs, 50 blank DVDs and $250 worth of duplication services
- An A60 digital camera and an i455 printer
- A copy of MoneyWorks Express accounting software
- One AirPort Express Base Station With AirTunes
- One of two ScanMaker 3800 scanners
- A Fuji FinePix F610 digital camera
- An ALTEC LANSING inMotion portable stereo system
- One of two free copies of Freeverse’s burning Monkey Mahjong, one of five copies of MahJong Solitaire 2 or one of five copies of Phoenix Ball
- The presenters include Macguide writers [including me], commercial software developers, Adobe product specialist trainers, music gurus and more!
With a boxed lunch provided as part of the reasonable registration fee and tea and coffee on tap, there is not much to do but soak up the Mac ambience all day! A room of classic Macs will be up and running with advice from Peter Mellow to “please touch” so you can reminisce about the good old days. All registered people will receive a CD-ROM with all of the session notes on in a conference satchel. The trade show is free for anyone to view if you don’t want to attend the conference.
At the end of the day is a spot prize draw with over $6000 worth of Mac gear up for grabs including a brand new eMac from Campus IT. A keynote address from Mac user Russell Brown (computer columnist, NZ Listener) kicks off the day at 9 am. Major sponsors and supporters are NZ Macguide and Microsoft, along with the host AUT.
Visit the eXpo Conference in Auckland web site for more details.