Over on the mac-women mailing list Christie from California just provided a very useful tip for those upgrading to Office 2004. Here, edited slightly with her permission, is what she wrote.
I just upgraded Office X (Mac) to Office 2004. All went well, except that my zillions of Autocorrect entries (every word in the English language ending in -tion or -sion) weren’t there. They were still in Office X.
The Helpdesk figured out that Autocorrect entries are in: User/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/
- Microsoft Office ACL [English] is for Office 2004
- MS Office ACL [English] is for Office X
- Duplicate both files in case of error.
- Copy Microsoft Office ACL [English].
- Delete that file (you still have a copy).
- Highlight MS Office ACL [English], delete the name, and paste Microsoft Office ACL [English] on top of it.
It worked! I was able to correct *statoin* into *station* and *expressoin* into *expression* by hitting the space bar.
The mac-women list is for women who want to discuss all things relating to Macintosh computers, including asking for advice and support. It’s low volume, friendly and helpful.