Once I received my iPod touch I realised I’d want a case to prevent that gorgeous screen from being scratched when I was out and about. After considerable searching I discovered that the perfect case is made right here in New Zealand by Nutshell.
I ordered a customised Nutshell iPouch for Apple’s iPod Touch. It’s navy leather, with a magnetic Security Tab that folds over the opening to keep the iPod from falling out. I added a steel belt clip, that also includes a Steel D-ring.
All up, with shipping, it cost around NZ$90. That’s a little more than other cases manufactured overseas but it was well worth it — I’m thrilled with the case. And I’m happy to support a local company
- case is hand made from a single piece of genuine cowhide leather.
- super-soft synthetic ultra-suede lining.
- a protective polypropylene screen protector.
- a cut-out in the base for the connector.
- case is flat when empty.
- a two year replacement warranty.
I see that Nutshell make cases for various gadgets, including point and shoot cameras, handheld PCs, spectacles, and the like. The photo with this post shows both sides of my case. Click for a larger version.