A couple of weeks ago I wrote a MacTip, Ever Fresh Desktop Pictures, about using a script to download the National Geographic Picture of the Day.
Well, it turns out there’s a simpler way, by using Pic-a-POD, and it does more:
- Download the picture of the day from your choice of four sites:
- National Geographic
- Earth Science
- Set your desktop picture to one of the downloaded photos.
- Schedule downloads to update automatically.
- Change the desktop picture periodically.
- Download photos of the day for any selected date.