Last night I went along to the 28th floor of Wellington’s Majestic Centre. It’s the tallest building in Wellington, and may not much impress readers from cities full of huge buildings. But then maybe they don’t live right on top of an earthquake faultline…
I hadn’t been up there before and found the view most enjoyable. The photo here looks across Civic Square in the foreground, with the waterfront on the left, to Mount Victoria on whose slopes I live.
I was the last person to present predictions for 2009. In brief my predictions were:
- Apple will take 75% of the laptop market
- Compulsory Internet ‘driving’ licences will be introduced
- Parliament will be closed down after someone accuses the Minister of Communications of copyright breach (S92a of the Copyright Act)
- Famous (anonymous) Twitterer HolyGod will be revealed as a dog
- The eStat will be invented: a social networking gadget based around FaceBook and Twitter.
The winner’s tiara though went to Brenda Wallace. Congratulations, Brenda!