In a couple of days (round about 13 November 2009) the One Finger Discount! will come to an end. Be in now to pick up some great apps at 20% discount:
MacHeist is giving away six free apps this week!
Joining in on the fun, we’re offering a 20% discount on our software.
Use the “OneFingerDiscount” coupon code, and get 20% off.
At the time of writing 100 developers are listed, many offering more than one app. I’m sure all the software is wonderful, but favourites that I use and recommend are:
- MarsEdit: Write, preview, and publish to your blog. (Provides text macros. I’m using it to write this post.)
- Smile On My Mac: TextExpander (also helping write this Post.)
- Agile Web Solutions: 1Password. (This is absolutely essential software for any Mac user.)
- St. Clair Software: Default Folder X. (Makes life so much easier as you can set up favourite folders, quickly reach folders from dialog boxes, and much more.)
- uncomplex gmbh: Mailplane — brings Gmail to your Mac desktop. (Provides a custom browser, just for Gmail.)
A couple of quick notes:
- The number of apps increased, even while I was writing this post.
- I use all my recommended apps all day every day and hate trying to use any Mac that doesn’t have them.
- Mailplane’s a weird one. It seems almost pointless, providing a custom browser for Gmail. But within 5 minutes of actually using it I’d not only bought it for myself but recommended it to my partner. It somehow does what Safari or any other web browser does, but better, smoother, faster and with less fuss. It also easily lets you switch between Gmail accounts. I’ve been meaning to write a post about it, and will soon. Meanwhile, if you use Gmail on a Mac buy Mailplane now.