Here’s a quick link to a handy resource that I just wish more of my friends and clients would refer to — Randy Cassingham’s Spam Primer:
The Spam Primer started in 1996 as a way to help people deal with a new problem: spam. … Spam has of course grown to be more than a nuisance: you can have your identity stolen and see all of your bank accounts drained. …
Overwhelmed? Don’t just shut your eyes and hope it will go away! It won’t. Scammers want your money, and the less you know, the easier it is to get yours.
- What is Spam?
- Who Sends Spam?
- How Do Spammers Get Your Address?
- Ways to Keep Your Address from Spammers
- You Can’t “Unsubscribe”
- (Except Under Rare Circumstances)
- Why the CAN-SPAM Law Didn’t Help
- Filtering Spam from Your Mail
- How to Get Legit Mail Delivered
- Phishing and Other E-mail Scams
- Urban Legends and Chain Mails
- Executive Summary